When Teeth Removal is a Must
With proper teeth care, most people try to avoid removing a tooth. In the mind of many people, a tooth is only removed because there is no hope for the tooth. And this is the case sometimes. However, this is not always the reason for removing a tooth.
Why Teeth are Removed?
There are several reasons why teeth are removed, and it is important that you realize this does not mean that you did not take care of your teeth. Even those who brush and floss twice daily still have some issues with their teeth, as many teeth issues are genetic. Some of the reasons why the teeth may be removed:
1. There are extra teeth coming into the mouth that are not needed
2. Baby teeth sometimes have to be removed in order for permanent teeth to come in straight
3. Certain drugs, like those for cancer, can weaken the teeth and these have to be removed
4. If the tooth is causing an infection, then these teeth are almost always removed
5. Wisdom teeth are constantly removed from people due to lack of room or having infections set in
How Teeth are Removed?
There are two main ways in which teeth removal occurs in the dental office. These extractions are:
1. Simple Extraction: this is performed when the tooth can be seen in the mouth. These are rather common, especially if baby teeth are being removed.
2. Surgical Extractions: These are a bit more in-depth, as they are used when the tooth may be broken off into the gum line, it has yet to break through into the mouth. These are done by specialists called oral surgeons. Many people find that this is who their wisdom teeth are removed.
It is important to remember that teeth removal is often a must for the health of the person’s mouth. It is important that you go see your 95404 dentist about any tooth related injury you may have and ensure that you are following their directions to a “T” in order to stay healthy!